phew!

June 21, 2011

I'm back after having a wonderful trip to Spain and France.  We got home last Wed. night and had to hit the floor running with busy days and evenings and no time to wallow in jet lag unfortunately.  I am now hard onto the garden as it needs lots of tlc after 3 weeks of kindly inattention, watering from my son and from the rain has got everything to grow, oh boy, especially the weeds.  I am on a mission to beautify because I am having (another) wedding here this weekend, this time for a very close girlfriend, her second marriage, and it will be small.  Even still, I get nuts about having things just so.

I do have a few pictures of our vacation that I think came out pretty and blog worthy, please enjoy!  All I had was my iPhone!

We loved the jambon in Barcelona.  Our food was so good!
My first taste of Antoni Gaudi, what a fascinating talent!  We couldn't get enough of him after touring this once private home in Barcelona.
We loved Biarritz so much, the city was covered in hydrangeas.  It is a big city I guess, but seemed so small and very easy to walk.  This is the old fisherman village part of the town that has been turned into restaurants.
That little speck is me.  The cathedral in Albi is the largest brick building in the world.  We were so thrilled to visit.  Toulouse Lautrec was born in Albi, his beautiful museum is right next door.  I had to pinch myself to think I was actually there.

This is taken at around 10:00 PM in Collioure, France.  The light was incredible.
I love taking pictures of doors, this is another shot from Collioure.  Beautiful pastel shades dominate this little village.  I am redecorating the living room this year and these sherbet colors keep popping up.
The view from our hotel room in Collioure.  It's difficult to find a spot that is not picture worthy!  It takes just minutes to walk to the castle, town and church from this picture.  We were here for 5 days with 50 friends for a birthday party.  What a magical time!
Below, my husband trying to make sense of the Dali Theater Museum building in Figueres, Spain.  This was a fabulous museum but too crowded on the day we went.  Still, it was my husband's favorite museum of the three (four if you count the chocolate museum) we visited on the trip.
I finished the Shaelyn Shawl on the trip, pictures soon!

Hope your summer has been GREAT so far!






You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Fantastic pictures, Kristen! Thank you so much for sharing them! I especially love the one of you and your hubby - SO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Great pictures--it sounds like a wonderful trip. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda