Stiches West

February 25, 2013

Sunday afternoon I went to Stitches West in Santa Clara, CA, not many pictures this year, but it was just a FUN afternoon.  HABU had a great booth. I've always been enamored with this but for some reason have never tried it.  Their tiny threads of stainless steel have intimidated me, but this year I just had to get me some of that stuff.

For this sweater, in the middle, Stella by Coco Knits.   
I met the designer Julie, she was a doll and very helpful.
The lower part of the sweater is stainless steel and wool, the upper part is cotton.

Two skeins of Cotton Gima on the left and 5 cones of Wool/ Stainless Steel on the right.
The threads are so tiny you knit it double.

 Some other views of their booth.


I visited the Never Not Knitting booth again and saw the samples from 
her new Botanical Knits and her darling Little Oak.


 I did a bit of stash enhancement at Webs (their booth is huge!) and a few other spots. 

I was feeling spring-like and bought 2 bags of Rowan Belle Organic Aran
a 50/50 wool cotton in pale green and another in medium turquoise. 
The third bag is a periwinkle Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran.
One or more of these are going to be something from Botanical Knits.
The bottom is a gorgeous grey-blue Bliss Baby Cashmerino
which I plan to be Autumn's End.  I can hardly wait for that one!


(But it's all put aside to concentrate on finishing up 2 sweaters for me and 2 for my granddaughter.)

Wait, one more from Stitches West!
A bag of pure silk, Mulberry by Louisa Harding in vanilla.  Heaven.
Swatched last night and looks like it may work for
Baby Cocktails Baileys Irish Cream!  Beautiful right?
I'm going to give the swatch a good bath today and see what happens to my gauge.

Everyone at Stitches West is so friendly and helpful.  I love a roomful of knitters!

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. O the eye candy in the photos. I just looking at the pretty yarn and sweaters, all of it, just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh. Gorgeous yarn for that! I made a purse out of the stainless steel stuff a while ago, it is so cool to work with - have fun with ALL of it. Can't wait to see if your Baileys works out or no....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some of that Mulberry - it's luscious! That will make a fantastic sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed. You swatch and bathe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your yarn choices. I have heard of Habu, would love to see it in person. That Baileys sweater pattern is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun.....all that new yarn and knits lined up! Love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stitches West looks like so much fun, wish I was closer!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day when you make a comment!

Labels

afghan Alana Dakos ally pally ambassador Amy Herzog Ankestrick Arte Italica baby Baby Cocktails bakelite baking berry picking Best Friday of the Month best of Ravelry Big Sur blue transferware book review books boutique brook cables California candy child children children's activities Christmas Christmas crafts Christmas knitting cleaning collections cookie cutters cookies cooking craft Crafts crochet cross-stitch day trip decluttering decorating designer spotlight discount diy dog dolls Easter eau de vie Elizabeth Bradley Elizabeth Zimmerman embroidery entertaining Facebook fall fall decorating fall garden family featured first car fit flower arranging flowers free pattern Friday night party group friends funny Fur garden gardening Giants Gifted Hostess give-away giveaway gluten free gourmet group Halloween herbs holiday home how to set up a party group jewelry Kaffe Fassett KAL Kim Hargreaves kitting Knit Picks knitting laundry Le Jacquard Francais Little French Knits Los Altos lunch Mailbu Making Things Marie Wallin Martin Storey menu minimalism money talk mosaic movies my house my patterns my town nails needlepoint needles October challenge Octoberfest ollalie organizing original design outdoor seating owl party prep pear peg dolls pies pomegranates poncho preview quilting recipe recycling redwork review roses Rowan San Francisco Sarah Hatton sewing shawl shopping shower social media softie spring spring garden stash Stitches West summer summer garden summer knitting Sunday Morning Swans Island table setting test test knit Thanksgiving Three Irish Girls TNNA tomatoes top 10 list toys travel tutorial twinning ufo Uncommon Threads vacation Valentine vegetable garden videos wedding winter garden wip Woolfolk yarn yarn for sale Ysolda